Care Quality Commission Focus Group
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is holding a service user focus group to enable carers and individual service users to talk about their personal experience of using local health and social care services. The CQC has been commissioned to carry out a review, looking at how health and social care providers and commissioners are working together to care for people aged 65 and older. The intention is that this review will provide a useful reflection for what is working well and where there are opportunities for improving how the system works for people using services.
The focus group is being held on:
Date: Wednesday 29th November
Venue: The West Oxford Community Centre, Botley Road, Oxford, OX2 0BT
The topics being explored will be:
- Support to enable people to stay well/independent at home.
- Involvement in planning and making decisions about care.
- Experience of support where more than one service is involved (e.g. GP, District Nurses, care homes, specialist nurses and so on)
- What support and recognition is there available for people using services and carers?
- Experience of planning for emergencies.
- Experiences been when moving between settings, for example into and out of hospital
- What is in place locally to support carers to ensure the person has appropriate care at home and information to manage any long term condition/s?
- How are carers supported to be actively involved in the decisions made about the persons care?
- How easy is it to make an enquiry about a change in circumstances?
- Are assessments of need and care co-ordinated effectively to ensure that the person is at the centre of their care and support planning when moving between health and social care services?
- How well does the system inform and involve carers, families, advocates and their representatives to make informed choices about future plans?
- Are carers, families and advocates given sufficient information in a form they understand
- Are carers provided with support to manage a person’s condition when they are discharged from hospital
If you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865-520520 to register your interest. If you are unable to make the event and would like to share your experience with us then please do get in touch.
Please note there are a limited number of places available and preference will be given to carers and individual service users.