• Text size
  • A
  • A
  • A
Your voice on health and social care

How to complain

If you need help making a complaint about health or social care services in Oxfordshire, talk to us. We can guide you to the relevant organisations listed below. 

If you need support to make a complaint about any NHS funded service, you can contact seAp,  which is the local provider of the NHS Complaints Advocacy service in Oxfordshire. seAp is a registered charity providing advocacy services over much of the southern part of the country and has delivered NHS Complaints Advocacy in Oxfordshire for more than 10 years.

 You can contact seAp on 0330 4409000 or via its website here

An advocate is someone who provides advocacy support when you need it. An advocate might help you access information you need or go with you to meetings or interviews, in a supportive role. You may want your advocate to write letters on your behalf, or speak for you in situations where you don’t feel able to speak for yourself.

seAP's advocates will spend time with you to get to know your views and wishes and work closely to the Advocacy Code of Practice.

Standards in health and social care are regulated nationally by the Care Quality Commission, or CQC

The CQC ensures that health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourages care services to improve.

The organisation monitors, inspects and regulates services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and publishes what it finds, including performance ratings to help people choose care.

To make a complaint to the CQC, follow this link: http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/contact-us

For more information on how to make a complaint about a service, visit the NHS England website at this link

Alternatively, choose from the list below choose the option that's best for you: